How to Add New Search Engines in Search Bar of Firefox
Like many of the internet users, if you are familiar with Mozilla Firefox, then you already know what the search bar is. It is a small search box located on the right side of the location bar in Firefox. You can use it to quickly lookup something in a search engine. You can choose from many of the search engines in the search bar like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Wikipedia and more. But what if you want to use a search engine not listed in the search bar? Do not worry, you can add a new search engine very easily in Firefox. This is how :
- Click on the down arrow in the search bar which is located near the top-right corner of Firefox browser. You would see a menu (or list) of already added search engines. Click on Manage Search Engines.. from the menu as shown
- This would open the Manage Search Engine List window where you can edit, remove or re-position the added search engines. In this window, click on the Get more search engines... link at the bottom.
- This would take you to the Mozilla Firefox search tools webpage. Here you can see a huge list of all kinds of search tools that you can add to your Firefox browser. You can choose from the search provider categories shown in the left side category list. To add a search provider to Firefox, just click on the green colored Add to Firefox button.
- A popup window would show asking your confirmation for adding the selected search provider. Click on the Add button to add the selected search provider to Firefox search bar.
- That's it. You have successfully added a new search provider (engine) to your Firefox browser. Now you can start using it immediately.