Clear AutoComplete history in Internet Explorer 8
Microsoft Internet Explorer stores all the information you type in any type of form field, whether it is search text box of Google or a form requiring you to fill your name. This is done so that you do not have to type in same thing over and over again. But this can be a privacy risk as anybody can see what you searched for in Google by just pressing the down arrow key when typing in the Google search text field. You can clear all of this AutoComplete history if you want. Here is how :
- Start Internet Explorer browser by double clicking on its Desktop shortcut.
- From the menu bar select Tools → Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, select Content tab.
- Click on the button labeled Settings under the AutoComplete section as shown,
- Then click on the button labeled Delete AutoComplete history as shown,
- Choose which portions of the history you want to delete. It is suggested that you check all the options, except the one on the top. Then click on the Delete button as shown,
- Close the Internet Options window.