Clear video history for your YouTube account
Recently we published an article on how to clear the web history from your Google account. Similar to your web search history stored by Google, the YouTube web site stores your video watching history - which video you watched in the chronological order of watching the videos. This history is used in suggesting you more videos of the time in the Recommended For You section. But you can clear this video history if you want. Here is how :
- Login to your YouTube account in your favorite web browser.
- Click on the down arrow on right of your YouTube username. Your username shown on the top-right of YouTube website. Clicking on the down-arrow, will open a drop-down menu. From this drop-down menu, select My Videos & Playlists as shown.
- Click on the History link on the right side as shown,
- You can clear all of your YouTube account history for watching videos using the Clear all viewing history button on the top of the history list.
- YouTube will show a message that you successfully cleared the viewing history.