Reset Windows Live Account Password
Windows Live is a unified account offered by Microsoft to provide a multitude of services in one account like Hotmail, Messenger, Skydrive etc. These free services are great but you will not be able to use them if your forget your password to your Windows Live account. In case you have forgotten your Windows Live account password, then you can always reset its password. This way Windows Live lets you create a new password for you. Here is how you can reset your Windows Live account password :
- Visit the https://account.live.com/password/reset webpage.
- Select the first option, I forgot my password. Then click on the link that appears - Reset my password.
- Enter your Windows Live ID and enter the captcha code, then click on the Next button.
- Select Email me a reset link and click on the Next button. This would send you a reset link to your alternate email address that you had specified when creating the Windows Live account.
- You would recieve an email from Windows Live Team containing a link to reset your Windows Live account password. Click on this link to reset your password and choose a new password.
- You would be shown a page to choose a new password for your Windows Live account. Type in your new password twice and click Next to continue.