Recover Passwords From Chrome Browser Using ChromePass
If you have forgotten the login credentials (username and password) for a web site, then do not worry - you may be able to recover the forgotten passwords from the password storage of Google Chrome browser. ChromePass is a small password recovery tool that allows you to view the user names and passwords stored by Google Chrome Web browser. For each password entry, you can see the origin URL, action URL, username, and password etc. ChromePass works for all the versions of the Google Chrome browser. Here is how you can use the ChromePass tool to recover passwords stored in Google Chrome :
- Download the ChromePass utility from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/chromepass.zip. The download is available in form of a ZIP file. You can use a free tool like 7-Zip to extract the file from the ZIP archive.
- Close all the open Chrome browser windows. If Chrome browser is running, then the stored password file be locked and you will not be able to extract the passwords.
- Run the chromepass.exe file present inside the downloaded ZIP archive.
- You will see the ChromePass window with a list of all the found usernames, passwords as shown
- You can extract the entries and save the shown items into a file by right-clicking on an entry and choosing one of the options from the right-click menu. You can select one or more items and then save them into text, HTML or XML file. You can also choose to just copy them to the clipboard by pressing keyboard shortcut Ctrl + C. You can also view the detailed HTML report by selecting HTML Report - All Items.
ChromePass can be a real lifesaver if you accidentally forget the passwords of your favorite sites. For detailed information about the ChromePass usage you can check their website at : http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/chromepass.html.