Change action center message settings in Windows 7
In Windows 7, you would often see a flag type icon in the bottom-right of computer screen in the system tray. When you hover your mouse over it, it may tell you to Solve PC issues. This is Action Center message icon. Through this icon, Action Center alerts you of various security settings in Windows 7. It will show a message if you do not have antivirus installed, windows updates are not installed etc.
Windows 7 Action Center alerts you when :
- Antivirus or anti-spyware protection is not present, not updated or turned off.
- Windows update is turned off.
- Internet settings are not secure enough.
- Firewall is turned off or not present. This may be Windows Firewall or a third party firewall.
- User Account Control (UAC) is turned off.
- In case of Windows maintainence problems.
You can change the settings of when and how this Action Center alerts you. You can choose what kind of messages should be shown to you by the Alert Center. To do so follow these steps :
- Open Control Panel → System and Security → Action Center. In the left side menu click on Change Action Center Settings
- This would open Action Center Message setting window. In this, you can unselect any options you do not want to be alerted about as shown.
- Finally, click on OK button on bottom to save the settings.
This way you can change the way Windows Action Center alerts you. It may be helpful in case you have turned off User Action Center, you can stop the Action Center to alerting about it.