Create command prompt shortcut on Desktop in Windows 7
The command prompt window in Windows is the most favorite amongst geeks. If you often use the command prompt window, then you can create a shortcut to the command prompt window on your Desktop. Here is how :
- Right click anywhere on an empty area on your Desktop.
- Select New → Shortcut from the right click menu
- In the Type the location of the item, type %windir%\system32\cmd.exe and click Next to continue,
- In the Type the name for this shortcut, type Command Prompt
- Click Finish button to create the shortcut.