Force install bluetooth dongle drivers in Windows 7
Although Windows 7 supports a wide range of bluetooth dongles, yet there are some bluetooth dongles for which installation of drivers fails. Those bluetooth dongle owners need not despair, they can make Windows 7 install the default Microsoft bluetooth drivers using the Bluetooth Drivers Installer tool. Here is how :
- Download Bluetooth Drivers Installer from here : http://bluetoothinstaller.com/.
- Insert your Bluetooth dongle in the USB port and cancel the Windows attempt to install the drivers.
- Double-click on the downloaded file BluetoothDriverInstaller.exe to run it. Accept the terms and conditions and click Next.
- It will detect and find any unconfigured bluetooth device on your system. If it finds a bluetooth device so far ignored by Windows, it will show you the result and you can click Next to proceed with the installation.
- Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Actually, there is no magic done by this program. It just adds the hardware ID string to the %WinDir%\inf\bth.inf file, thus making Windows detect the Bluetooth device and install drivers for it. You can manually do that too, but this tool makes it a matter of few clicks. This small freeware utility works not only on Windows 7 but also Vista and XP.