Open a default folder in Explorer in Windows 7
When you click on the pinned Explorer icon in the taskbar of Windows 7, it always opens Libraries. This is not the desired behavior for some people. If you want the Explorer to open a particular folder by default, you can follow these instructions :
- Press the Shift key on your keyboard and right-click on the pinned Explorer icon in the taskbar as shown.
- From the right-click menu, select Properties. This would open the Explorer shortcut Properties window.
- Select the Shortcut tab if it is not already selected.
- In the field Target :, type in the full path of the folder, enclosed in double quotes, after the explorer.exe. For example, if you want to open the folder C:\Projects, then the Target field should be %windir%\explorer.exe "C:\Projects" as shown
- Click OK to save the settings.
Note : The default folder will be opened in the Windows Explorer when you click the Windows Explorer shortcut pinned in the taskbar only. It will not work for any other shortcuts. You will have to follow the same steps for each of the shortcuts.