Tune ClearType text settings in Windows 7
The newer LCD monitors are great, only they do not display text as good as their older CRT counterparts. But you can make them display text more smoothly and in a more readable way by using the ClearType technology of Windows 7. This is how you can tune ClearType to suite your taste in Windows 7 :
- Open Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- In the Control Panel, navigate to Control Panel → Appearance and Personalization → Display.
- Click on the Adjust ClearType text on the left side menu.
- This would open the ClearType Tuner window as shown,
- Follow the instructions in the ClearType tuner and choose the settings you find easy to read. After finishing the four steps of tuning the ClearType, click the Finish button to save the settings.