Using Startup Repair to fix boot problems in Windows 7
When trying to start your Windows 7 based computer, if you get an error like : 'BOOTMGR is missing' then you can use the Startup Repair to fix the problems. Startup Repair is one of the options in the Windows 7 Recovery Environment. There are two ways you can boot into the Windows 7 Recovery Environment. Here is how :
- Change the BIOS settings in your computer so that your DVD drive is the first boot device and your hard disk is the second boot device. Place your Windows 7 DVD in the DVD drive and turn on your computer. When you see a message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD...., hit any key on your keyboard.
- After few seconds of 'loading Windows' message, you would see a window titled Install Windows, just click Next to continue.
- Click on Repair your computer link shown on the bottom-left of the window.
- Choose your Windows 7 partition you want to repair and click Next. If you see more than one partitions listed, choose the one which says Windows 7 under the Operating System category.
- You would see a window titled System Recovery Options. Click on the top-most link labeled Startup Repair to start the repair of startup related problems.
- The Startup Repair would start fixing your computer for startup related problems. After the process is over and fixes are applied, the computer would be re-started.