View Bootup Check Disk Results in Windows 7
If you try to run check disk to scan and repair problems on a boot partition, then Windows asks you to schedule the check disk on the next boot. After scheduling the disk check, when you reboot your computer disk check is performed quickly. Sometimes you are not even able to see the results of the disk check. But if later you want to view the bootup check disk results, then you can view them in the event viewer. Here is how :
- Press the keyboard shortcut Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type eventvwr.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- Select Windows Logs → Application in the left-side of the Event Viewer window.
- Click on Filter Current Log on the right side.
- Type Wininit in the Event Sources field and click OK.
- Click on the log entries and see the contents in the lower half pane of the Event Viewer pane as shown. You would be able to see the exact details of the results of the disk check that was run at the bootup.
You can double-click on this entry to open it in a separate window and copy its contents to the clipboard.