Disable Control Panel in Windows Vista
If you use a shared computer which is accessed by many users, then you should disable the Control Panel. This would make sure that nobody can make any system related changes to the Windows Vista. Here is how :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type gpedit.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor navigate to
User Configuration → Administrative Templates → Control Panel.
- You would find a setting on the right hand side pane — Prohibit access to Control Panel as shown,
- Click on this setting and choose Enabled and then click OK.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor window.