Disable Explorer navigation click sound in Windows Vista
When you navigate for a folder or file in Windows Vista, it makes clicking sound each time. These sounds can be very annoying after a while, especially if you work a lot on your computer. But there is a way to disable these clicking sounds in Windows Vista. Here is how :
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type mmsys.cpl and press the Enter key.
- In the window titled Sound, select the Sounds tab.
- Scroll down the lisbox labeled Program and select Start Navigation under sub-category Windows Explorer.
- From the dropdown listbox labeled Sounds choose None as shown :
- Click OK button to save the changes.