Disable startup sound in Windows Vista
When you turn on your computer, Windows Vista plays the startup sound. This can be very distracting and annoying when you are in a classroom or a meeting. You feel like you are causing disturbance. Fortunately, you can disable the playing of this startup sound in Windows Vista. Here is how :
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type mmsys.cpl and press the Enter key.
- In the window titled Sound, select the Sounds tab.
- Un-check the checkbox labeled Play Windows Startup Sound.
- Click OK button to save the changes.