Show Windows version on desktop in Windows Vista
If you want to show the Windows Vista version on your desktop just for the sake of fun, then you would have to do a little registry editing. The version string is shown on the bottom right of your desktop and shows the Windows Vista as well as the build number. Here is how :
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to bring up the Run dialog.
- Type regedit in the Run dialog and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following registry key in the Registry Editor :
- Locate a DWORD value named PaintDesktopVersion in the right side pane. Double-click on it and change its value to 1,
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.