Turn off Windows Error Reporting in Windows Vista
When a program crashes in Windows Vista, Windows offers to submit an error report to Microsoft. If you get annoyed by these report submission requests, then you can disable this feature (you will still get a prompt to close the crashing program). Here is how :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type gpedit.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor navigate to
Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → System → Internet Communication Management → Internet Communication Settings.
- You would find a setting on the right hand side pane — Turn Off Windows Error Reporting as shown,
- Double-click on this setting and choose Enabled and then click OK.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor window.