Unassociate a file type in Vista
Sometimes a software associates a some files types with itself and it becomes very irritating. Its not an easy job to unassociate the file types from that software manually. But now you can use a utility that you can use to easily unassociate files types. Here is how :
- Download unassoc_1_4.zip from http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/231/1/
- Extract the files to a folder.
- Execute Unassoc.exe and you will see a window like shown below
- Select an extension from the list.
- If you want to remove the associated program for current user, click on the button Remove file association (user)
- If you want to delete the file extension, then click on the button Delete file type
That's it. Now you can close the program window.