Automatically logon in Windows XP
If you are the only user using your Windows XP based computer and you are sick of entering username and password at every startup you can make your computer to auto log on into Windows XP using any of the following methods :
- Open Start Menu → Run, type control userpasswords2 and press Enter.
- In the User Accounts dialog box, select your username.
- After selecting your username, un-check the checkbox labeled Users must enter a username and password.
- Select OK. This would bring a password box as shown. Fill in your password and click OK to dismiss the box.
- That's it. Next time you will automatically logon in Windows XP.