Change logon background in Windows XP
When you start Windows XP, the first thing you see is the logon screen. This logon screen has a list of usernames to select from and when you select a username, you have to enter the password to logon to Windows. You can change the background of this logon screen to any picture you like. Here is how :
- Download Stardock Logon Studio (freeware) from http://www.stardock.com/products/logonstudio/.
- After the installation, run the Logon Studio. Logon Studio comes with three welcome screens. If you want to download more logon screens you can visit : http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/logonstudio_xp.
- If you have downloaded a welcome screen, then you will have to first load it. Click on the Load button and browse to the downloaded file. Your downloaded welcome screen will appear in the list of welcome screens.
- Select a welcome screen and click the Apply button as shown. The welcome screen will be changed.
- If you want to revert back to the default logon screen, then you can click on the Restore default XP logon.