Create a shortcut to My Computer in Windows XP
If you are using the modern style of Start Menu in Windows XP, then classic Desktop icons like My Computer etc. disappear from the Desktop. But if you want a shortcut to My Computer on your Desktop, then you can create it easily. Here is how :
- Right click on an empty space on your desktop
- From the context menu, select New → Shortcut.
- Copy - paste the following string in the location field and click Next to continue.
- Type My Computer as the name of the shortcut. Click Finish to create the shortcut.
- That's all. You will find a shortcut to My Computer now on your Desktop.