Use large desktop icons in Windows XP
The icons of shortcuts on the Windows Desktop are small by default. But you can show larger icons if you want to. If you prefer larger desktop icons then you can change settings in the Display Properties of Windows XP. Here is how :
- Right click anywhere on an empty area and select Properties from the right click menu.
- In the Display Properties, select the Appearance tab.
- Click on the Effects button as shown,
- In the Effects window, check the checkbox labeled Use large icons as shown,
- Click OK to save the settings.