Use Windows 7 icons in Windows XP
If you are bored of the old XP icons, then you can install Windows 7 icons inside Windows XP. You can get a refreshing look of Windows 7 inside Windows XP without spending a single dime. Here is how :
- Download and install freeware IconTweaker from here.
- Download the Windows 7 Icon pack for XP from here.
- Extract the contents of the RAR archive (using 7-Zip) to a folder.
- Double click on the file Windows7_Icons_for_XP.ita.
- You will get a prompt, if you want to install Window_7_Icons_for_XP ? Choose Yes.
- In the IconTweaker manager window, select Windows7Icons_dkzone and click on Load Theme as shown,
- In the next window, click on the Apply button as shown,
- That's it. You have successfully applied Windows 7 icons in Windows XP.
If later you want to revert back to the default Windows XP icons, then open IconTweaker. On the top toolbar, click on Restore All Icons button as shown,
Next, click on the Apply button to make the changes.