Use Windows Media Player 11 without validation
When you install Windows Media Player 11 and start it for the first time, it asks for validating the genuine Windows license key. If for some reason (like no internet connection), you are not able to validate the key then you can bypass the validation process and start using the Windows Media Player right away. Here is how :
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to bring up the Run dialog.
- Type %programfiles%\Windows Media Player in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- In the folder that opens, you will find a file named LegitLibM.dll.
- Rename this file to LegitLib.dll.
- Now start Windows Media Player and click on validate, it may say "unable to validate". Then the program will go on to settings or configuration and after you do that the Windows Media Player is ready to use.
Disclaimer : Note that this method is only for those users who cannot validate Windows Media Player because they do not have any internet connection. The purpose of the information given is in no way to encourage piracy of any kind.