Firefox users are advised to update the plugins installed in the Firefox browser from time to time in order to prevent any interruption while browsing or due to exposure to malware, viruses and other security threats. Plugins do not always update automatically, hence, users need to check from time to time whether the installed plugins are up to date.
You can check for plugins updates using these two methods:
- Open Firefox and select Tools → Add-ons
- In the opening window, select Extensions
- Then click on the button labeled Find Updates
- Open Firefox and visit this page : http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
- Firefox would check with Mozilla and show if your plugins are up-to-date or not as shown.