So you want to run your old computer game from the late 1990’s on your new computer running Windows 7? Is it refusing to run ? Do not despair. There is a way to make the older programs run on Windows 7. Here is how to do it :
- Right click on the shortcut of the older program and select Properties
- Select the Compatibiliy tab in the Properties dialog
- Check the checkbox labeled Run this program in compatibility mode
- Click OK to save the settings
- Check by running the program through its shortcut now
If the program still does not run, you might want to select one or more options in the Compatibily mode section Settings. You should start by disabling the visual themes and see if the program runs.