In Internet Explorer, you can subscribe to the RSS feed of a web page. After that, Internet Explorer keeps checking for updates on that page. By default it checks for updates on a RSS feed once everyday. But you can change the schedule of how often internet Explorer is going to check for updates of the subscribed RSS feeds. Here is how :
- Open the Run dialog, by pressing the key combination Windows Logo Key + R.
- Type inetcpl.cpl in the Run dialog and press Enter. This will open the Internet Properties window.
- In the Internet Properties dialog, select the Content tab.
- Under the section Feeds and Web Slices, click on the button labeled Settings.
- In the window, that opens select how often you want to look for RSS updates from the drop down list as shown
- Click OK to save the settings.