When you try to visit a web site in Mozilla Firefox and for some reason site is unavailable or down, then you get a simple error page which does not convery much information. But you can install ErrorZilla Plus add on in Mozilla Firefox which would give you more information and options in such a case. Here is how :
- Open Mozilla Firefox and visit this web page : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5398/
- Click on the big green Add to Firefox button as shown in the picture. Follow on screen instructions to install the add on. Restart the Mozilla Firefox when prompted.
- After Mozilla Firefox is restarted, you are ready to use the ErrorZilla add on.
When you stumple upon a non working web site address, the ErrorZilla Plus add on shows a page like this :
The ErrorZilla Plus error information page includes various options :
- Google Cache (view the page cached by Google)
- Coralize (use Coral CDN proxy to connect again)
- Wayback (view an earlier version of this page)
- Ping (use a server to ping the target server)
- Trace (trace the network route from you to the server)
- Whois (look up who owns the website)
- Proxify (use your custom web proxy to connect)