If you are the system administrator in Windows 7 and want to disable changing of the logon password for one or more users, then it can be done very easily. Typically this is done for an account which is used by more than one person. If one of the users changes the password, other users using that account will not be able to log on. Here is how you can disable a user to change the logon password in Windows 7 :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type lusrmgr.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter. This would open the Local User and Groups window.
- Click on the Users folder in the left side list. You would see all the local users listed in right hand side pane.
- Right click on a user and select Properties
- In the Properties window, check the checkbox labeled User cannot change password.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Note : This setting has no effect on an account that has administrator level privileges.