In Windows 7, you can pin any program on the taskbar by right-clicking on its shortcut icon and selecting Pin to taskbar. But this is not possible for the Recycle Bin. If you want to pin the Recycle Bin on to the taskbar, you will have to follow a workaround. Here is how :
- Right click anywhere in an empty area on your desktop and select New → Shortcut.
- In the Create Shortcut wizard, type the location of the item as explorer shell:RecycleBinFolder. Click Next to continue
- In the next step, type Recycle Bin as the name of the shortcut and click Finish. You would see a new shortcut on your desktop named Recycle Bin.
- Right click on this newly created shortcut and choose Properties from the right click menu. This would open the Properties window.
- Click on Change Icon button as shown.
- Type imageres.dll in the iconfile field as shown and press Enter. Select the Recycle Bin icon from the list and click OK
- Now you would see the icon of the newly created shortcut change to match that of Recycle Bin. Right-click on this shortcut and select Pin to taskbar
- Thats it. Now you should be able to see the Recycle Bin pinned to your Windows 7 taskbar.
- You can delete the shortcut you created on your desktop as it is no longer required.