Location aware browsing is a new feature in modern browsers. It supplies your geographical location to any sites you visit. This information can be used by a web site to offer services near your place. For example, a pizza site can use your location to locate nearest pizza outlet. If you do not like this feature you can turn it off easily. Here is how :
- Run Google Chrome. On the right side, you would see a settings wrench like icon. Click on it and select Options as shown
- In the Google Chrome Options window, select the Under the hood tab.
- Click the button labeled Content Settings
- In the Content Settings window, select the Location tab.
- Select the option Do not allow any site to locate my physical location
- Click Close button. Close all open settings windows.