Telnet is a program used to remote computers using the Telnet protocol. This protocol is not so popular now as it was in the old days of Windows. May be this is why it is not installed in Windows 7, by default. If you want to install Telnet in Windows 7, then you can follow these instructions :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type OptionalFeatures.exe and press Enter. This would open the Windows Features window.
- Scroll down in the Windows Features window and put a checkmark againt Telnet Client as shown
- Click OK to start the installation.
- After the installation is over, you can type Telnet in a command prompt window or in the Run dialog (see step 1) to start the Telnet Client.