Sometimes while browsing a web site, you may encounter a word or phrase that you do not understand. You can translate that word or phrase using Google translation. The gTranslate add-on for firefox makes it very easy to translate any selected word or phrase in Mozilla Firefox. Here is how :
- Visit https://addons.mozilla.org/ in your Firefox browser.
- Click on the green Add to Firefox button to install the FastestFox add-on
- Restart Firefox to complete the installation of the add on.
- Once you have installed the gTranslate add-on, you are ready to use it. In Mozilla Firefox, from the menu select Tools → Add-ons.
- In the gTranslate add-on click on Options button to open the settings for gTranslate.
- Select the language you want to translate the selected words to. In the above picture, I have selected Japanase. Click OK to save the settings.
- Hightlight any word or phrase by selecting it using your mouse cursor. Right click on selection and hover your cursor at Translate and you would see the translation.
- You can click on the translated words in the right-click menu to open Google translation web page.