By default, Windows 7 hides all the unused icons and notifications from the system tray — thus leaving more usable space in the taskbar for other things. But if you want to always show all the inactive icons, you can do it easily. Here is how :
- Right click anywhere on an empty area on the Windows taskbar.
- From the right-click menu select Properties.
- In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, select the Taskbar tab if not previously selected.
- Click on the Customize button under the Notification area as shown
- Check the checkbox labeled Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar as shown,
- Click OK button to save the changes.