Malware has become a big problem in recent years. Malware often starts by hitting your browser and then infects rest of your computer. Now you can use BitDefender QuickScan add-on in Mozilla Firefox to quickly scan your computer for malware. The BitDefender QuickScan scans running processes, system files and other crucial parts of your computer. Here is how :
- Visit https://addons.mozilla.org/ in your Firefox browser.
- Click on the green Add to Firefox button to install the BitDefender QuickScan add-on
- Restart Firefox to complete the installation of the add on.
- Once you have installed the BitDefender QuickScan add-on, you are ready to use it. Click on the BitDefender icon on the bottom left of Firefox window to start the scanning.
- After accepting the license terms, the scannig would start.
- If the QuickScan finds that a file has to be uploaded to its server for scanning, then it will ask your permission to upload that file. When the scan is finished you will be shown the results
- You can also click on the Report button to see a detailed log of the scan.