When you open a document in a program, Windows 7 stores it by default. When you right click on a taskbar pinned icon or a program in the Start Menu, a list of opened items through that program is shown. For example, when you right-click on the Windows Explorer’s pinned icon in the taskbar, it shows a list of previously opened folders.
If you share the computer with others, then other may see and track down your computer activity that which programs, documents and folders you opened. If you want you can disable this feature. Here is how :
- Right click anywhere on an empty area on the Windows taskbar.
- From the right-click menu select Properties.
- In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, select the Start Menu tab.
- Un-check the checkbox labeled Store and display recently opened items in the start menu and on the taskbar as shown,
- Click OK button to save the changes.