FileZilla is an excellent open source FTP client. If you own a web site you can use it to upload files to your web server. You can save FTP server login credentials in its Site Manager. You can also export and import the FTP credentials stored in the Site Manager. Here is how :
Export the login credentials
- Run FileZilla.
- From the menubar, select File → Export as shown,
- Check the checkbox labeled Export Site Manager entries. You can also select other things to export too, if you want too. Then click OK to proceed.
- A file save dialog would pop up. Save the XML file to a secure place. This file contains your FTP login credentials.
Import the login credentials
- From the menubar in FileZilla, select File → Import as shown,
- Browse for the file you had exported earlier. You would be shown a dialog box to choose which entries you want to import. Select to import the Site Manager entries in the dialog box that pops up by checking the checkbox labeled Site Manager entries. You can also select other things to import too, if you want too. Then click OK to proceed.
- FileZilla will give you a message that the new imported settings will work only if you restart FileZila. Restart the FileZilla FTP Client.