Windows Media Player version 12 which comes bundled with Windows 7, can play online content — either as stand alone player or when embedded inside a web page. Accessing online content using Windows Media Player can be risky — especially if the online content provider is unknown or not trustworthy, as this can lead to a malicious program infecting your computer. To save yourself from trouble, you can disable the scripting in Windows Media Player. Here is how :
- Start Windows Media Player. You can run it using the pinned shortcut in the taskbar or the Start Menu.
- Select Oraganize → Options from the toolbar as shown,
- In the Options window, select the Security tab.
- Un-check both the checkboxes that start with Run script commands as shown,
- Click OK button to save the settings.