Windows Media Player version 12 comes included with Windows 7. You can play DVD of any kind in Windows Media Player. If you are concerned that your children might play some DVD of rating (PG, PG-13 etc.) inappropriate for their age, then you can restrict that rating (and all ratings above it) in Windows Media Player. Here is how :
- Start Windows Media Player. You can run it using the pinned shortcut in the taskbar or the Start Menu.
- Select Oraganize → Options from the toolbar as shown,
- In the Options window, select the DVD tab.
- Click on the button labeled Change as shown below,
- From the drop down list, select a DVD rating you want to allow. All the higher rated DVDs will be restricted.
- Click OK button to save the settings.