How a music file is played in a Windows 7 based multi-media computer, depends on how you have configured your speakers connected to the computer. The speakers may be configured as simple stereo, quadraphonic, 5.1 surround sound etc. (depending on the capabilities of your audio hardware). Here is how you can change the configuration of the speakers in Windows 7 :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type mmsys.cpl in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- In the Sound window, select the Playback tab. Select the Speakers device. Then click on the Configure button at the bottom.
- In the Speakers setup wizard, choose the audio channels (like Stereo, 5.1 Surround, 7.1 Surround etc.) from the list. Click Next to continue,
- Select if you have full range speakers (able to play sounds of all frequencies). Click Next to continue,
- Click on the Finish button to finish the wizard.
- Click OK to save the settings.