The tabbed browsing has become a standard feature in modern browsers. Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 also has the tabbed browsing turned on by default. If you like the old school browsing with each site in its own browser window, then you can turn off the tabbed browsing feature. Here is how :
- Run Internet Explorer.
- Click on the settings icon (gear like icon) on the top-right. Then select Internet Options as shown,
- Select the General tab in the Internet Options window.
- Click on the Settings button under the Tabs section as shown,
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled Enable Tabbed Browsing and click OK as shown,
- Close the Internet Options window and restart the Internet Explorer.