We have discussed earlier how you can download new fonts from the internet and install them in Windows Vista. What if after installing a font, you find later that the font is not to your liking. Do not worry, you can always uninstall a font from Windows Vista. Here is how :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type fonts in the Run dialog and press Enter. This would open a window titled Fonts.
- In the window titled Fonts, you will see a list of fonts installed in your system. The fonts can be of three types Open Type, True Type and Raster. You cannot uninstall the fonts which came installed with Windows and which are needed for normal working of Windows Vista. It is advised that you do not try to remove the fonts that you did not install. To remove a font you installed, right click on it on the Fonts window and select Delete.
- You would be asked if you want to delete this font file. Choose Yes to proceed.
- After your font is un-installed, you will no longer be able to use it.