There is a possibility that your user profile might get corrupted and when you logon to Windows you get an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted. For one of those days, you should make a backup of your user profile files. Here is how :
- First of all you have to follow two steps :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run Dialog, type %USERPROFILE% and press Enter your user profile folder.
- Select all of the files and folders in this folder, except the files beginning with Ntuser like the following files:
You can press Ctrl + A to select all the files in your User Profile folder. Then, while pressing Ctrl key, click on these Ntuser files one-by-one to de-select them.
- Click Edit → Copy to copy these files. You can also use shortcut Ctrl + C to copy them.
- Now open a folder where you want to save the backup. You should create a new folder for the backup. When inside this backup folder, select Edit → Paste. You can also use shortcut Ctrl + V to paste them.
- That’s it. You have made a backup of your user profile.