Amazon is the largest online retailer company in the United States. You can get almost anything from books to computers on Amazon. If you often shop online at Amazon, then you can get good bargains using the AmazonAssist add-on in the Mozilla Firefox web-browser.
The AmazonAssist add-on shows up at the bottom on the Firefox web browser and shows the related product searches as you lookup for a product in the search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo!. The AmazonAssist add-on not only supports the major search engines but also many shopping websites like Walmart.
One of the major benefits of using the AmazonAssist add-on is that you can compare the prices with Amazon when you are on a major online shopping website. In addition to showing the results of what you search on a search engine or a shopping website, you can also manually search Amazon for a product right-from the AmazonAssist add-on.
This is how you can install and use the AmazonAssist add-on in Mozilla Firefox :
- Visit https://addons.mozilla.org/ in your Firefox browser.
- Click on the green Add to Firefox button to install the AmazonAssist add-on.
- Restart Firefox to complete the installation of the add-on.
- Once you have installed the AmazonAssist add-on, you are ready to use it. Just visit any of the supported shopping websites or just any of the major search engines to search for a product you want to buy. The AmazonAssist add-on looks for the same product at Amazon and shows you the top deals at the bottom of the web browser. When you hover your mouse over a product image within AmazonAssist, you’ll see additional details about the product, with a larger product image, product title, price, ratings, similar products, accessories, links to the product information page on Amazon.com, and more.
- If AmazonAssist is compatible with the website you are currently viewing, the AmazonAssist logo will appear in color. If it is not compatible with the website you are viewing, the logo will be grayed out.
- You can disable the AmazonAssist add-on anytime by clicking on the Amazon iocn in the bottom-right of the Firefox browser as shown. The AmazonAssist add-on will be immediately disabled and you would see a greyed out icon. If later you want to enable it again, then click again on the same icon.
For more information, you can visit the AmazonAssist webpage at http://www.amazon.com/amazonassist.