When you right-click on an item in Windows folder, the right-click context menu shows a Send To submenu. In the Send To submenu, all the removable drives are included as destinations by default. But if you want you can disable the removable drives to appear in the Send To menu in Windows Vista. Here is how :
- Press the key combination Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type regedit.exe in the Run dialog and press Enter to start the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key :
- In the right side pane, right-click and select New → DWORD (32-bit) Value to create a new 32-bit dword value. Give the newly created value a name NoDrivesInSendToMenu.
- Double-click on NoDrivesInSendToMenu and change its value to 1.
- Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.