Some web sites allow you to access it using the secure connection (HTTPS), yet show both the secure (HTTPS) and insecure (HTTP) content. If you access such a web site using the Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser, you might get a warning prompt — only secure content is displayed. This is because that web site is showing mixed content – both the secure and insecure content. You have to choose to display mixed content each time you visit such a site. If you want you can enable displaying of the mixed content permanently. Here is how :
- Click on the gears like toolbar icon in the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer 9. Select Internet Options from the popup menu.
- In the Internet Options window, select the Security tab.
- Click on the button labeled Custom level… while the Internet zone is selected.
- Scroll down the list of options and select Enabled for the Display mixed content.
- Click OK twice to save settings and close all the open options windows.