When you click on a website link on a web page, it may open a new popup window in the Internet Explorer. This can be quite annoying for some of us because it is hard to see where all the popup windows are opening on the screen. If you do not like to have the popups open in a new window, then you can choose to open the popups in a new tab in the Internet Explorer. Here is how :
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the gear like icon on the top-right of Internet Explorer window and select Internet Options from the drop-down list.
- In the Internet Options windows, select the General tab if not already selected.
- Under the Tabs category, check the button labeled Settings as shown.
- Select the option Always open popups in new tabs as shown
- Click OK to save the settings.
Now whenever you encounter a popup in Internet Explorer, it will be opened in a nea tab instead of a separate new window.