Recently Facebook has added a new Video Calling feature to its existing huge battery of features. The feature will be powered by the Internet phone service Skype. Using this feature, now you can start a video chat with your friends on Facebook. Before you can start using this feature you need to setup your computer to use this video calling feature. Here is how you can setup video calling in Facebook :
- To use the video calling you should have a video camera and a microphone attached to your computer. After you have made these arrangements, next visit the Video Call web page on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/videocalling in your web browser. You need to login to your Facebook account if you are not already logged in.
- Click on the green colored Get Started button to start the setting up process.
- Visit the page of an online friend (online means logged in to Facebook) on Facebook and you would see the Video Call button on his/her page’s top-left corner. Click on this Video Call button as shown.
- You would be asked if you want to setup the video call feature? Of course, you want to setup this feature so click on the Set up button as shown.
- An EXE file named FacebookVideoCallSetup_v18.104.22.168.exe would be downloaded. Double-click on it to run and install this on your computer. This installs the Skype components needed for video calling in your browser. After the installation is finished, you can start video calling by clicking on the Video Call button on your online friend’s page or the video icon in the Facebook chat window as shown.
Facebook Video Calling has taken the social networking to a whole new level. Although currently there is no option to video chat more than one person, yet it is very exciting not just to be able to share text messages and pictures but also having the ability to video chat with Facebook friends.