If you have a Google+ profile then just anybody can search for your profile using the Google+ profile search function. The search visibility is turned on by default for all the accounts. This is a good thing for celebrities who want themselves to be easy to look up. But some people do not want to be searched like this for personal and security reasons. If you want not to be searched then you can turn off the search visibility for your Google+ profile. Here is how :
- If you are not already logged in, then visit https://plus.google.com/ and log in to your Google+ account.
- After loggin in, visit https://plus.google.com/me/about to open the About page for your Google+ profile.
- Click on the blue colored Edit Profile button on the right side as shown,
- Scroll down at the bottom of the page and click on the Visible in Search option as shown,
- Uncheck the checkbox that says Help others find my profile in search results. Then click on the Save button to save the settings.
By turning off the search visibility, your profile does not appear in the Google search results. It also prevents your profile to be indexed in all the search engines. For more information about Google+ profile visibility, you can visit Google+ help page at http://www.google.com/support/profiles/.