Sometimes when you download a video it is not in a popular format and cannot be played on your computer. It is often the case with archive.org, where videos are generally available in the OGG or MP4 format which cannot be played on a standard DVD player. But you can convert these videos into a format supported by your movie player device. The Free Video Converter is such a software that lets you convert videos from one format into another. It supports video conversion between over two hundred type of formats including the AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, MPEG, 3GP and DVD.
Free Video Converter is a free software and can be used to convert videos, rip videos and burn optical media. It has many advanced features offered through and easy user interface. You can download Free Video Converter from the FreeMake web site. The download size is less than a megabyte and finishes very fast. The downloaded file is a setup program which you can use to install Free Video Converter on your Windows system. It can be installed on Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 and 7.
Here are some of the features of the Free Video Converter :
- Supports over 200 types of input formats like AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, SWF, FLV, TOD, AVCHD, MOV, DV, RM, QT, TS, MTS, etc.
- Output to AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, 3GP, MP3, HTML5 and many others.
- Can rip DVD and import it as AVI video file.
- Can convert any video into an Adobe Flash movie that you can embed in a web page.
- Optimizes videos for popular Apple, Sony, and Android devices.
- Can create a DVD with 40 hours of video.
- Can create BlueRay video and burn it onto a BlueRay disc.
- Can cut, join, rotate, limit size, adjust aspect ratio of videos.
Using the Free Video Converter is extremely easy. When the main window of the Free Video Converter opens, you can start dragging and dropping input video files onto it. Then choose an output video format shown at the bottom and click on it. Choose the presets for various devices like iPod or iPhone if you want to be able to play the converted video on those devices. Choose the output folder and the video conversion process would start and after some time the converted videos would be ready for you to enjoy.
It has a unique feature for Youtube fans. You can convert, resize or join videos and upload them directly to Youtube. Just choose input videos, click on the Youtube button and supply your Youtube credentials and the video would be prepared, uploaded and published on Youtube.
So if you want a free video converter that can convert, join, rip videos, then you should try the Free Video Converter. You can download the Free Video Converter from its web site at http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/.